Date Founded: 1872
Status: Merged, 2005
Church Location: 304 French St., Hardin, Illinois
Notes: Merged with St. Agnes (Belleview), St. Michael (Michael) and St. Anselm (Kampsville) to form St. Francis of Assisi parish. St. Norbert Church remains open and Massses are held there regularly.
Prior to the establishment of St. Norbert's, Catholics in Hardin attended Mass in Michael or Meppen (where German-language services were held). The first church, located about one hundred feet west of the present church, was dedicated on April 25, 1878. The cornerstone for the present church was laid on October 4, 1914. The original church was converted into a parish hall and later classrooms.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1876-1930
- Marriages: 1877-1930
- Deaths: none