Date Founded: 1868
Church Location: 512 S. Prairie, Greenville, Illinois
Notes: For the first ten years, Mass was held in private homes. The first church was built in 1878 and it was destroyed by a fire in October 1910. For the next 15 months Mass was held in a former bank building, a dance hall and at the court house. The current church was dedicated on July 26, 1912.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1881-1930
- Marriages: 1886-1930
- Deaths: 1888-1897
- Notes: No records before 1881. St. Lawrence was a mission parish that was attended by a priest in Vandalia prior to 1881.