Date Founded: 1870
Church Location: 202 N. Locust St., Grantfork, Illinois
Ethnicity: Predominately German
Notes: Prior to the establishment of St. Gertrude parish, Catholics in Grantfork attended services in Highland or Marine.
The first church was built in 1872, but it remained unfinished for several years. In the 1880s a new santuary was added, the interior was plastered and the flat top was changed to a vaulted ceiling. The church was finally dedicated on September 15, 1881. As the building settled a gap formed between the old and new structures, so it was decided to tear down the old church and build a new one on the same site. The current church was dedicated on June 12, 1905.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1875-1930
- Marriages: 1875-1930
- Deaths: none
- Notes: See: Marine, St. Elizabeth for earliest records.