Date Founded: 1901
Status: Merged, 1988
Church Location: 2101 State Street, Granite City, Illinois
Notes: Merged with St. Margaret Mary (Granite City) and Sacred Heart (Granite City) to form Holy Family parish. The church is still standing, but is no longer used for church services.
Prior to the establishment of St. Joseph's, Catholics in Granite City attended services in Mitchell or Venice. The first services in Granite City were held at Rozenberg's Hall on Nineteenth and State Streets. They later moved across the street to Dr. Tully's Hall. The first church was dedicated on May 11, 1902. The current St. Joseph's Church was dedicated on Christmas morning 1921.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1901-1930
- Marriages: 1901-1930
- Deaths: 1901-1988