Date Founded: 1926
Church Location: 155 N. Main St., Glen Carbon, Illinois
Notes: Prior to the establishment of St. Cecilia, Catholics in Glen Carbon attended church in Edwardsville. The first church in Glen Carbon was dedicated on June 24, 1927. In the 1970s land was purchased on Glen Carbon Road and the current church was built there. It was dedicated on May 31, 1981. The old church was demolished in December 1980.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1926-1930
- Marriages: 1926-1930
- Deaths: none