Date Founded: 1886
Church Location: 420 Wyatt St., Franklin, Illinois
Notes: Prior to the establishment of Sacred Heart Church, Catholics in Franklin attended Mass at Jacksonville, Waverly and New Berlin.
The cornerstone for the first Sacred Heart Church was laid on June 18, 1886. The building, a wooden structure that seated 400 people, was destroyed by fire on May 4, 1893. The current church was dedicated on August 26, 1894.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1887-1930
- Marriages: 1888-1930
- Deaths: 1884-1994