Date Founded: 1858
Church Location: Corner of N. 3rd and E. St. Louis Ave., Effingham, Illinois
Notes: Prior to the establishment of St. Anthony's, Catholics in Effingham attended services in Teutopolis.
The first building used to hold church services was a log house built near Third and E. Jefferson Streets. The first St. Anthony's Church was built in 1858. It was staffed by the Franciscans after their arrive in the United States in 1858 until 1871. The current church was dedicated on June 13, 1875.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1859-1930
- Marriages: 1859-1930
- Deaths: 1859-1957