Date Founded: 1842
Church Location: 1802 Madison St., Edwardsville, Illinois
Notes: The first St. Mary's Church, located just off North Main Street, was built in 1843. The cornerstone for the second church, located at 303 West Park Street, was laid on May 26, 1889. The current church was dedicated on May 3, 1966. The 1889 church was demolished in 1982.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1857-1930
- Marriages: 1859-1930
- Deaths: none
- Notes: See: Alton, Ss. Peter and Paul and Alton, St. Mary for earliest records.