Date Founded: 1869
Church Location: 10 N. Buchanan St., Edwardsville, Illinois
Notes: In 1868 the German-speaking members of St. Mary's Church in Edwardsville decided to form their own congregation and on January 1, 1869, St. Boniface was officially established as a parish.
The cornerstone for the first St. Boniface Church was laid on June 2, 1869. The church was ready for use by the first Sunday in October 1869, but it was not formally dedicated until August 24, 1873. In 2002, the back portion of the 1873 church was removed so that it could be connected to the new church that was being built. During construction, the 1873 church was converted into a chapel. The current church was dedicated on November 22, 2003.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1869-1930
- Marriages: 1869-1930
- Deaths: none