Date Founded: 1853
Status: Merged, 2007
Church Location: 407 E. Eldorado, Decatur, Illinois
Notes: Merged with St. James (Decatur) to form Ss. James and Patrick parish. St. Patrick Church remains open and Masses are held there regularly.
The first church, a small frame building located on the 700 block of West Prairie Avenue, was built in 1857. The cornerstone for the second church was laid on March 17, 1863. The church, a brick structure, located on Jackson and North streets, was completed in 1864. The current church was dedicated on November 21, 1909.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1854-1856; 1864-1930
- Marriages: 1878-1930
- Deaths: none
- Notes: No baptismal records, 1857-1863 and no marriage records prior to 1878.