Date Founded: 1877
Status: Merged, 2007
Church Location: 742 E. Clay St., Decatur, Illinois
Notes: Merged with St. Patrick (Decatur) to form Ss. James and Patrick parish. St. James Church remains open and Masses are held there regularly.
The first St. James Church, a frame building located at 752 East Clay Street, was dedicated on January 1, 1878. The current church was dedicated on June 23, 1912. The 1878 church was remodelled and used as a parish hall until it was demolished in 1925.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1875; 1878-1930
- Marriages: 1878-1930
- Deaths: none