Date Founded: 1860
Church Location: 414 3rd St., Carrollton, Illinois
Ethnicity: Irish and German
Notes: Beginning in 1853, priests visited Carrollton and held Mass at the home of Thomas Butler, located at what is now 321 South Main Street. The parish was called the Catholic Church of the Apostle. The current St. John's Church was completed in 1863 and in 1882 a spacious transept was added to the church.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1858-1930
- Marriages: 1858-1930
- Deaths: none