Date Founded: 1867
Status: Merged, 1994
Church Location: 535 S. West St., Carlinville, Illinois
Notes: Merged with St. Mary (Carlinville) to form Ss. Mary and Joseph parish. The building is still standing, but is no longer being used for church services.
The cornerstone for the church was laid on July 7, 1868. The church was formally dedicated two years later on April 10, 1871. The church was later enlarged by 40 feet and a new altar was added.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1870-1930
- Marriages: 1870-1930
- Deaths: 1870-1994