Date Founded: 1882
Status: Merged, 2006
Church Location: 302 W. South Street, Buffalo, Illinois
Notes: Merged with Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Illipolis) and St. Ann (Niantic) to form Resurrection parish. St. Joseph's Church is still standing, but is no longer used for church services.
The first St. Joseph's Church, located in the northeast part of town, was built about 1883. The current church was dedicated on May 1, 1975. The original church was sold to a Body of Christ congregation.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1882-1930
- Marriages: 1884-1920
- Deaths: none
- Notes: No marriage records, 1921-1930.