Date Founded: 1858
Church Location: 519 E. 4th St., Alton, Illinois
Notes: The construction of the first St. Mary's Church, located on the corner of Third and Henry streets, was completed in May 1859. A tornado destroyed the church on June 2, 1860. The second church was dedicated on December 8, 1862. The current church was dedicated on November 28, 1895. The second church was converted into a school in 1896.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1859-1930
- Marriages: 1859-1930
- Deaths: 1859-1928