Date Founded: 1865
Status: Merged, 2004
Church Location: 19812 East 1000th Ave., Dieterich, Illinois
Notes: Merged with Immaculate Conception (Dieterich) and St. Joseph (Island Grove) to form St. Isidore the Farmer parish. Church open for Mass.
Prior to the establishment of St. Aloysius, Catholics in Bishop Creek attended services in Teutopolis.
The cornerstone for the first church was laid on April 20, 1865 and the church was completed in the Spring of 1866. It was located north of the cemetery. The current church was dedicated on September 8, 1895.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1866-1930
- Marriages: 1866-1930
- Deaths: none