Date Founded: 1900
Status: Merged, 2005
Church Location: Belleview, Illinois
Notes: Merged with St. Michael (Michael), St. Norbert (Hardin) and St. Anselm (Kampsville) to form St. Francis of Assisi parish.
St. Agnes Church was completed in the fall of 1901. Services were held there until 1925, when the parish was closed due to the small number of Catholic families in the area. The church stood vacant until it was re-opened for regular services on November 2, 1931. in 1935, the bell tower was obtained from St. Rita Church in Kincaid. The building is still standing, but is no longer used for church services.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: c1900-1930
- Marriages: c1900-1930
- Deaths: none
- Notes: Records combined with Kampsville, St. Anselm. Does not designate which church event occurred at.