Date Founded: 1874
Church Location: 216 N. 9th St., Altamont, Illinois
Notes: The first Catholic church in the Altamont area was the rural St. Bonaventure Church in St. Elmo. After a fire destroyed St. Bonaventure Church on Christmas day 1873, Catholics in Altamont decided to built a church in town. The first St. Clare's Church was built in 1875. The current church was dedicated on June 10, 1923.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1875-1930
- Marriages: 1875-1930
- Deaths: 1877-1936