Date Founded: 1847
Church Location: 414 S. 6th St., Marshall, Illinois
Notes: The first St. Mary Church was built about 1847. The foundation for the current church was laid about 1862, but due to a rapid succession of pastors, construction was halted. The current church was completed in 1869, but was not formally dedicated until October 20, 1872. The original church was torn down in 1874.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1860-1930
- Marriages: 1862-1930
- Deaths: none
- Notes: St. Mary was a mission parish that was visited infrequently prior to 1860. Per a historical note, no records exist before 1860.