Date Founded: 1856
Church Location: 120 N. Windmill, Marine, Illinois
Notes: The first St. Elizabeth's Church celebrated its first Mass on April 25, 1859. On April 8, 1883 Mass was celebrated for the last time in the old church and the building was demolished shortly afterwards. The current church was dedicated on November 19, 1883.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1861-1930
- Marriages: 1861-1930
- Deaths: none
- Notes: No marriage records from 1866-1867 and 1918-1921. No records before 1861. St. Elizabeth was a mission parish that was attended by priests from Highland and Edwardsville prior to 1861.