Date Founded: 1912
Status: Merged, 2002
Church Location: 1621 10th St., Madison, Illinois
Notes: Merged with St. Mark (Venice) to form St. Mary and St. Mark parish. St. Mary Church remains open and Masses are held there regularly.
The first church, located at Tenth and Lee Streets, was dedicated on Christmas Day, 1912. The two-story building consisted of a parochial residence, two classrooms and the church, which was located on the second floor. On November 1, 1925, a second building that served as a school and church was dedicated. The current church was dedicated Thanksgiving Day (November 25), 1954.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1913-1930
- Marriages: 1913-1930
- Deaths: 1913-2002