Date Founded: 1913
Church Location: 188 Livingston Ave., Livingston, Illinois
Ethnicity: Eastern European
Notes: Prior to the establishment of Sacred Heart Parish, church services were held in a hall, which was later destroyed in a fire. From about 1910-1913 Mass was held in the public school building or in the city hall.
On December 13, 1913 the cornerstone was laid for the first church, but it was destroyed by a fire before the building was completed. A second church was built on the same foundation and was dedicated on Thanksgiving Day, 1914. The building underwent extensive renovations in 1962-1963: an addition was built on the front of the church; the exterior was brick veneered and a third cornerstone was laid on July 8, 1962.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1914-1930
- Marriages: 1914-1930
- Deaths: none