Date Founded: 1859
Status: Merged, 1988
Church Location: 410 S. State St., Litchfield, Illinois. Building torn down.
Notes: Merged with St. Aloysius (Litchfield) to form Holy Family parish. The building was torn down and Holy Family Church was built on the site.
Mass was first held in private homes. The first St. Mary's Church, built about 1860, was located on the corner of Columbia and Jackson Streets. The second church, located on State Street, was dedicated on July 1, 1888.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1857-1930
- Marriages: 1858-1930
- Deaths: none