Date Founded: 1883
Church Location: 306 N. Washington St., Jerseyville, Illinois
Notes: In 1883, a group of German-speaking Catholics purchased the Second Presbyterian Church on the corner of Washington and Spruce Streets. The church was dedicated as the Church of the Holy Ghost on Thanksgiving Day in 1883, but it was destroyed by fire on September 19, 1884. In 1885, the second church was built. It was remodeled in 1918 after a windstorm blew off the steeple. The current church was dedicated on June 4, 1972.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1884-1930
- Marriages: 1883-1930
- Deaths: none