Date Founded: 1866
Status: Merged, 2006
Church Location: 410 Anne St., Illiopolis, Illinois
Ethnicity: Predominantly Irish
Notes: Merged with St. Joseph (Buffalo) and St. Ann (Niantic) to form Resurrection parish. Church open for Mass.
The first church was built in 1867, east of the current rectory. The current church was dedicated on Whitsunday 1896. On June 9, 1993 a tornado struck the church causing significant damages, which were later repaired.
Records Available in Diocesan Archives for Genealogy Research:
- Baptisms: 1877-1930
- Marriages: 1878-1930
- Deaths: none
- Notes: No records before 1877. Visitation of the BVM was a mission parish that was attended by priests from Decatur, Taylorville, Macon and Springfield prior to 1877.